MyNeedToRead

My Need to Read

The Host: A Novel

The Host - Stephenie Meyer note: Delayed review. Read in Jan. 2010, reviewed in Nov. 2010)Quick review: I loved pretty much everything about this book. ^_^ I thought Ms. Meyer did an admirable job of having two protagonists share the same physical space (e.g. one body) but maintain the feel of two very different entities. The story arc was epic and stretched over several "acts," but never felt overly long to me. I found the world very vivid and engaging. The cast of characters were not one-dimensional; they grew and changed, or else were revealed to have more complexity that first imagined. I didn't want the tale to end, but I'm satisfied with the way it did. I hear whispers that Meyers has written a second book...but quite honestly, I'm happy with just the one installment.