MyNeedToRead

My Need to Read

Voyeur

Voyeur - Lacey Alexander (note: delayed review. Read book July 18, review posted Nov. 21)Okay, this book is all about the steam. I thought I'd read some romantica prior to this book, but this story showed me that I'd only just begun to toe that line before.This is an insulated story, both literally (setting) and figuratively (super-small cast). The setting of this tale is in a gorgeous winter retreat home in Vale, Colorado. Successful but writer's-blocked author Laura has her horizons expanded by lightyears when she's unexpectedly introduced via webcam to her rented home's owner, Braden Stone. Everything that occurs from there is about these two pushing their own sexual boundaries together as they indulge in a short-term, voyeurism-themed affair.The main story is interspersed with snippets of Laura's book, which not so exciting to me but was obviously used as a mirror for Laura's own development. And what a development it was. ^_^ Now, I know books of this sort usually sport HEAs, but I must say that the way the story was presented, I couldn't call how the story would logically turn out. I thought it a good thing, because it made the ending that much more poignant. All told, this was an enjoyable read. Heck, after finishing this book, I made next read another Lacey Alexander story. I'd say that's a good sign. :o)