MyNeedToRead

My Need to Read

Talk Me Down

Talk Me Down - Victoria Dahl I think it's great when you can enjoy a book's characters as much as any other element (the plotting, setting, etc.). This book excelled in that area. Main characters Ben and Molly were amusing and interesting, both separately and together. And well fleshed out, too...I found myself thinking on more than one occasion that I'd love to know them. :o)I also liked the litle taste we got of the supporting characters. If they become mains in future books, I'll look forward to reading them. (edit: just checked and it looks like Molly's brother Quinn and her best friend Lori are the protags for book 2, Start Me Up. Yippee!!!)There was a bit of mystery and intrigue...a light sheen, if you will ^_^. It broke up the romance thread a bit and provided for some exciting intrigue. I especially liked how the "multiple perspective" device was put to good use here. Yes, we do get to "be in a culprit's head" at certain points--something that in the past I think can be equally hit or miss--but in this case it did keep me guessing about certain plots points. Which is what you want when any degree of mystery is involved, right?So, yeah. This book was just so much fun. A fun and easy read. I gobbled it up and wouldn't mind seconds. Book two now!