MyNeedToRead

My Need to Read

Crazy for Love

Crazy for Love (Hqn) - Victoria Dahl ....yet another delightful book from the delightful Victoria Dahl. I picked this one up because I wanted to read something sweet, funny, engaging, and easy. And I was not in any way disappointed! yippee!The story follows the perspectives of three characters: Chloe Turner, her best friend Jenn Castallan, and Max Sullivan. Chloe has just gone through a very messy, public breakup and even messier public humiliation. Jenn drags her best friend to a secluded island off the coast of Virginia, far from the public eye....where both ladies soon discover something very interesting in the beach-side cabin next to their own: a pair of exceedingly cute brothers.Of course, all four of these people have their own personal issues that hinder potential pairings. Chloe's reeling from her recent disaster; Max is a closet control-freak who can't help but try to over-protect everyone he meets. Jenn is intimidated by guys, most especially those that find interest in her; Elliot is a workaholic and divorcee (the former condition causing the latter) who's lost his confidence regarding women. Complicated people call for complicated situations, right? :o)As with the previous two Dahl books I've read (both from the Tumble Creek series), the characters are well done and a delight to follow. Even with some fantastical situations or characteristics--as with Chloe and Max, respectively--the people themselves feel natural. The interactions between Chloe and Jenn are a pleasure to follow...fun at some times and touching at others. Another great dynamic was that between Chloe and Max. Oh, and between Jenn and Elliott. Darn it, Ms. Dahl is just great with character dynamics overall. It was just very...easy to read about and easy to enjoy. As a random side-note...the overall story gives off a hint of "paparrazi are evil lying scum" and perhaps even "what you read about celebrities might just be absolutely misleading." I wonder if Dahl was deliberately trying to send a message? ^_^ Just an observation...neither here nor there.But anywho. Once again, I finished a book with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. I truly cannot wait to see what other contemporary romances Dahl will bring us in the future...as far as I'm concerned, she's batting 1000 so far. ^_^