MyNeedToRead

My Need to Read

Some Girls Bite - Chloe Neill Bravo, Ms. Neill. Bravo. She's managed to create with this book a very promising start to this series. The book starts somewhat slowly, with a lot of world-building and character description; but it all pays off when one realizes halfway through the novel that they're already hopelessly attached to the main cast of characters. The whole book is almost a big "Prologue" for Merit and company...with the end of the book feeling more like a Beginning than anything else...certainly more so than any other first-book that I can think of.Merit's voice is amusing and endearing; I thoroughly enjoyed her inner dialogues and thought the progression (and internal struggles) of her character rang natural and true.And the cast of supporting characters (Merit's motley crew)? Perhaps the biggest single chunk of what made the book so enjoyable. Most all of them could support a whole story on their own, they were that well-introduced and that intriguing.SO looking forward to cracking open the next in the series. ^_^