MyNeedToRead

My Need to Read

Vampire Dreams - Gabrielle Bisset Rating: 3.5, I think. Or maybe 4. Either way, it was satisfying.Quick Take With sweet characters, satisfying action sequences and easily accesible language, this book is certainly please vampire- and PnR fans. A quick and dirty read, both literally and figuratively. ^_^ Review:This novella by Gabrielle Bisset is nothing if not straight to the point. :o) The story gets down to business immediately, putting the two romantic leads in each others' paths and keeping them there for the duration of the tale. Given the shorter length (and thus quicker speed in plot development), the book reads quite like a fairy tale, or perhaps a naughty bedtime story; it's light on the expository details and only covers the storytelling essentials, but packs in a lot of heat and sweet romance.And oh, what heat! There are some super hot scenes contained within this novella. I was pleased to find that their frequency and tone seemed to fit in nicely with the rest of the story; no encounters for their own sake or love scenes out of sync with the plot. (I will note that the book some under-the-mystical-influence encounters...I doubt it'll be a problem for most...but who knows, maybe someone will want a heads-up on that sort of thing.)A very small part of me wishes the characters and the romance were fleshed out a bit more, particularly given that the main characters seem to "develop" feelings in a flash and in a place where the reader can't follow (that place being "between the lines" ^_^). But as it is, both still satisfy, as long as one doesn't mind the fast sequence of strong emotion.The language was very clear and accessible, and I felt like the dialogue had just the right touch of period elegance. I found the action sequences (of the fighting/fleeing kind) exciting and engaging. The tone of the scenes throughout the book shifted and changed, but did so smoothy.I quite enjoyed this quick cup of hot, steamy lovin'. ^_^ I'm very much looking forward to the next two books in the series; fortunately, the wait for the next release in the trilogy will be over by mid-July. Woop!