MyNeedToRead

My Need to Read

5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth and Other Useful Guides - Matthew Inman Quick Take: Freaking. Hilarious.Review:Where has The Oatmeal been all my life? Until recently, I've not been familiar with this seasoned web-designer-turned indie web-comic creator. It seems the man's found his calling; whereas he was once dealing with all manner of crap in his one-time profession, he's now turning the laughably unfortunate situations in to plain laughable ones.5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth is a compilation of comic strips, some originating from the author's website and others created specifically for the publication. Whether you'll find the content funny certainly depends on your preferred brand of humor. This book's got irreverence and a healthy dose of misanthropy. The Oatmeal knows how to turn life experiences into bite-sized bits of hilarity. Sometimes you'll laugh at the absurdity of situations. At others, you'll laugh because of the truth lining the commentary. The visual style, however, is pure caricature, and fits perfectly with the kooky tone of the content. The book features such classic themes as:"Why It's Better To Pretend You Don't Know Anything About Computers""8 Ways To Tell If Your Loved Ones Plan To Eat You""The Ten Types of High Fives""How to NOT Sell Something to my Generation""14 Things Worth Knowing About Cheese" (my personal favorite!)As a big fan of situational humor, I enjoyed the content immensely; I'll definitely be gifting copies to my friends come Christmastime. ^_^ If you like Stephen Colbert, Justin Halpern, or The Onion, this book should be right up your alley.