MyNeedToRead

My Need to Read

Eternal Kiss of Darkness - Jeaniene Frost Rating:4.5Okay, so…forget a summary. Let me start out by saying that I loved the heroine of this book, Kira Graceling. She's no-nonsense and smart, with a troubled past and tough life circumstances, but possessing a strong will to survive. Girlfriend rolls with the punches, but also fights for what she sees as just. She is introduced as a brand new character, notably amongst a bunch of people we already know well (and might even love ^_^). Yet she managed to be the one I connected to most. She totally beats Cat and Denise for the spot of "awesomest Night Huntress/World Character." Yay, Kira!Now, as for the book itself. I have to say that I was not hooked from the get-go with this story. Some of the early interactions between Mencheres and Kira were a bit on the "been there, done that" side at times, feeling slightly predictable and underwhelming. However, as the story plowed on and the plot deepened, the addiction factor went up accordingly.As with First Drop of Crimson, both Bones and Cat make guest appearances, and again I found them to be fairly subtle, not overdone. Didn't feel gimmicky, either. Of course, Bones' appearance in the story was a necessity due to his relationship to Mencheres, but still. I'm glad the B&C train didn't stop in town for too long.IMO, a very satisfying entry to the PnR-based Night Huntress World series. Looking forward to the next entry (please let it be Vlad!)