MyNeedToRead

My Need to Read

You Slay Me - Katie MacAlister "You are too arrogant for your own good. I officially de-mate you. Go away. I never want to see you again. Except maybe tonight. Naked. Your place. But after that, no more."~Aisling GreyA charming little start to a series, this book was. Though I must admit that the heroine at times had me thinking "oh geez." A flighty, silly and at times maddening lady, she also brings just the right amount of humor and heart to the book through her thoughts and responses to numerous unfortunate events....namely, being repeatedly framed for murder!The supporting cast (usually my favorite aspect of a book of this nature) was great. Jim the talking demon-dog sidekick was such a kick, with his particular brand wry (and dirty? lol) humor. I'm glad he's there to (humorously) point out some of Aisling's behavior. ^_^Drake, the love interest, is another great addition, bringing a much needed balance to Aisling's antics. He's not a perfect person, however (a good thing in my book), and provides a wonderfully mysterious aspect to Ms. Grey's life. A wonderfully sexy aspect, too. (tee hee)Now, there were parts of the story (more in the first half) that seemed a bit too cliche to me, particularly the series of events leading up to and immediately following the first murder pinned on Aisling. As the tale progressed though, so too did the feeling that the book was a bit unique. As a first book, that's good enough for me because it means there's hope for subsequent books. ^_^Speaking of subsequent books, I so enjoyed the story's end (which indeed made it clear that there's lots of fun ahead) that I went out the next morning and got book two.