MyNeedToRead

My Need to Read

Unleashing the Storm - Sydney Croft Rating: 3.5...i ono, tis a toughie :o)Once again, Larissa Ione and Stephanie Tyler have made a fine piece of paranormal romantica.As with the first book, this installment follows numerous plot threads/ character perspectives. I happen to like the shifts between situations. The potential drawback, however, is that all elements may not be equally enjoyable.I found this to be the case for a chunk of the "main" storyline featuring Tom "Ender" Knight and Kira Donovan. For some reason I couldn't get into their situation or bring myself to care much about either of them until about halfway through their storyline. I can't completely express why this is, but I will say that the early scenes felt a bit imbalanced with lots of sex and not so much focused plot. The second half picks up considerably, though.The parts of the book that I really enjoyed throughout involved Annika and Creed, as well as Dev and Oz. They were a blast! Drama drama drama. ^_^ I'm usually not a huge fan of ghost stories (yes, I'm a whimp), but the storylines here were intriguing, mysterious (though perhaps bordering on "confusing" or "random" in one or two places) and enjoyable.Though the main couple's story arc wraps up in this book, there's a larger arc (as well as the two aforementioned "supporting couple" plots) that stretch across books. So be prepared to read books 1-3 if you want to get the complete story.It's a well-woven tale about the ACRO organization (real main character here), and I'm looking forward to the next installment.