MyNeedToRead

My Need to Read

Be With Me - Maya Banks Sweet and spicy like tamarind candy...that's what this book was. The story follows a week or so in the lives of four childhood friends: tough-girl cop Regina and architect buddies Cam, Sawyer and Hutch. Regina is brutally beaten while on-duty, and ends up having to recuperate under the care of her three best friends; a fact that dismays her because of an unexpected (and in her eyes, regrettable) menage the four shared a year prior. The guys are of a much different opinion, having made a pact to try to woo her into wanting a functional, lasting relationship with the three of them.The story is mostly about Regina struggling to come to terms with a possible relationship with her three bestest friends. From the moment she sees the guys--after having avoided them resolutely for the year past--she finds herself scared, confused and intimidated, though she loves her guys dearly. The rest of the story focuses on the mysterious threat that put Regina into the hospital in the first place: an attack by someone who may be targeting her specifically for some unknown reason.Once the tale really gets going (about halfway through), there's more steam than a sauna in the Amazon jungle. :o) But fortunately, the passionate moments are well-tempered by interesting emotional drama and a bit of danger. The three guys are just droolworthy...though very different in character, they've got a strong fraternal bond and deep love for Regina. And um, they're sexy as hell! ^_^All in all 'twas was a breezy read, and engaged on many levels.