MyNeedToRead

My Need to Read

Desire Unchained - Larissa Ione Man, oh man. Reading this book was one rip-roaring adventure. I enjoyed it even more than the first installment, which says a lot because the first was, in my mind, simply amazing.The (main) pairing featured in this book is Shade and Runa, who have a brief (but disastrous) shared history and find themselves reunited in a dangerous shared fate by the book's beginning. From there, related revelations (and their implications) create a ripple effect for almost all of the characters introduced thus far. As with the previous book, the plotting is tight and neat, and moves along at a steady (but enjoyable) clip until near the end, when the stakes are raised unbelievably high. The book ties ends from the first book that I didn't even realize were loose to begin with (which takes some skill), and made having read both books a richer experience. The author is a master at world building.And speaking of world building, this book masterfully sets up the jumping off point for the next book, such that I cannot wait to get my hands on it (thank heavens for eBook stores!).