MyNeedToRead

My Need to Read

The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, #1) - John Flanagan Such a fun little book! It had some pretty (in)tense moments, and the bullying that Horace endured was almost too much for me to bear (but I'm an empathetic sissy ^_^ and it couldn't stop me from continuing to read, anyway...and in a way it's a lesson in the cause and effect of bullying). It had an easy, effortless pace the whole way through; the passage of weeks or months every few chapters wasn't jarring at all. There were lots of characters introduced within the first few chapters, but it wasn't overwhelming (and only a fraction figured heavily into the main plot this time around). The book managed a HEA with a big "but things are going to go pear-shaped soon," which ain't easy. ^_^ Looking forward to reading the next installment, which will likely just jump head-first into the plot thanks to the considerable world-building of this book.