MyNeedToRead

My Need to Read

Flirt - Laurell K. Hamilton Fantastic, well done, LKH! The book was so enjoyable. It took a considerable amount of restraint to try and savor the book over a few days rather than devour it in one gulp. But I finished the book with a smile on my face. It had a perfect balance of those elements that have made Anitaland so enjoyable for so many years..you had the fun interaction of Anita with her men; interesting "bad guys" that were more than mere mustache twirling goons; an uncomplicated, well-paced story; and of course, lots of zombies! Some of the elements that have been developed over a number of books (Anita's inner were-animals, the ardeur), were used deftly and served the overall story well.Before starting the book I was thinking to myself "too bad there's still no JC." But after finishing the book, I'm actually quite glad of it; it was a refreshing trip into Anitaland and the perfect tide-over to Bullet.And as for the book length...I think I'd have wanted it longer even if it was 500 pages long ... but I think the story as it was was excellently told in the length used.